Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pictures of First Bake in Steve's Wood Fired Oven

This was the first time I ever saw how a WFO really bakes a pizza.  I have been on this pizza making journey for  awhile, but never even got to taste how a pizza tasted in a WFO.  I was so excited that my pizza making buddy, Steve invited me to his home to see how a wood-fired oven really works and bakes a pizza.  Steve built his own WFO over the course of this summer.  He built it brick by brick.  Even though he never did any masonry work before he did an excellent job on building his WFO.  Steve helps me at market and does know a lot about making pizzas.  He also experiments like I do, with different types of pizzas.  Since he is Italian, he is a natural in making pizzas.  Steve doesn't post as much as I do on pizzamaking.com, but he does make pizza at least two times and week if not more. Steve also has a square BBQ grill that he set-up to make great pizzas.  He BBQ grill set-up also works wonderful.  He takes his BBQ grill set-up along with him on camping trips.  Steve is known as the great pizzaman to his neighbors and the to the many friends he has.  Steve is on the learning curve just like I am about making pizzas.  We both share all our ideas.  We learn from each other. :)

These are pictures from the first time I had to see how a WFO bakes.  The pizzas coming out of the WFO were excellent, in my opinion.  I never had the chance to taste such good pizzas.  Although the bake times were different, the pizzas all tasted great!  :)

The biggest Thanks to Steve, for continuing to help me and also inviting me to his home.  Steve's family is also wonderful.  These pictures were taken 9/24/2010.


















Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment