Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Big Thanks to Everyone that has helped me on my Pizza Making Journey!

Before I post more on this blog, I would like to personally thank everyone that has helped me on my pizza making journey.  I first have my parents to thank, because they raised me to strive for whatever goals I want to try and achieve.  They always told me to “shoot for the stars”.  Everyday they are still an inspiration for me.  My father passed away over 14 years ago, and not a day goes by that I don’t remember something he taught me or the way he raised me.  I am very fortunate to still have my mother around.  She continues to support me in whatever I want to try and just stopped helping me at my pizza stand this summer, when the weather became too warm.

I also have my children to thank.  I am blessed to have such great children.  I also want to thank my granddaughter that I raised.  She had helped my husband and myself at market since she was 5 years old.  She didn’t know what she was getting herself into, when she said she didn’t want to go to the babysitter’s anymore.  She continued to help me, until she graduated from high school this past June.  She is also a very special person to me.  I only have one brother and he is also special.  I don’t get to see him that often, because he lives in Colorado, but when he is here to visit, he is also an inspiration to me.

I also have all the great members on pizzamaking.com to thank.  Without them, I never would have been able to make any decent pizzas.  They have also been a great inspiration to me in all the posts they do and all their great pictures they show of their pizzas.  I wanted to thank Steve, too, the administrator of pizzamaking.com, because if he hadn’t started the forum, no one would know how easy it would be to make great pizzas.  All the moderators at pizzamaking.com are very knowledgeable, too.  They are always helping someone achieve their goals. I am amazed the moderators do this all for free.  Much thanks to all of them! I am on the PMQ think tank forum.  I don’t contribute much to that forum, because I am just a small pizza stand and don’t really know as much as members there know about operating a big pizza business. Tom Lehmann, is a moderator at PMQ.  He also has helped me many times.  He has given his advice freely to me many times.  Some of the pizza doughs I make are named after him.

I can’t forget that the great men, I have mentioned before that paved the road to understanding dough more.  Without them, I don’t think I would have been able to figure out any of what goes into making pizza dough.  They studied bread, but bread and pizza dough almost go hand in hand.

My friends have helped me along my journey, too.  I have one great pizza making buddy (Steve), that also has taught me a lot about making pizza.  He has also let me bake in his WFO.  That was the first pizza I ever tried in a WFO.  It was amazing!

Thanks to everyone that has taken me on this journey and continues to help me in my journey.  My hat is off to all of them.  I know people must get sick of me talking about pizza, LOL

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment