Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Monday, December 6, 2010

Artisan Doughnuts with Preferment Lehmann Dough 5/29/2010

The Preferment Lehmann dough has served me well, in many attempts at pizza and also to use in different experiments.  My hat is off to Pete-zza (Peter) for coming up with the Preferment Lehmann dough for me to use. :)

I tried Artisan Doughnuts with this frozen dough.  I wanted to try a little something different with this experiment.  I wanted to see if I timed cook the frozen dough for 1 minute, if the yeast still would be okay.  When I timed cooked the dough for 1 minute at high power, there developed a big bubble in the one side of the dough.  I thought, that isn’t good.  My microwave is an old model, from GE.  In my former life I worked at RCA for 15 years.  They had a family store and I could purchased RCA items or GE items, a lot cheaper there.  It is a lot bigger than the newer models and doesn’t have a turn table, but the microwave has never broken down.  I then just time defrosted the dough for 1 minute.  The part that had a big bubble became tough, so I cut it off with a scissors.

I floured the dough. The dough was then opened like a pizza.  I couldn’t find my doughnut cutter.  I think I had it at market to experiment with.  I just use a big cup and another coffee measuring container to make the circle and then the hole. I did flour the doughnuts and holes again before placing on parchment paper.

After I cut all the doughnuts out, there was leftover dough.  I reballed the leftover dough and left it sit for about 10 minutes.  Then I stretched it again.  It was harder to stretch than the first time, but I managed to get two more doughnuts and some holes.

I heated the deep-fryer and fried the Artisan Doughnuts.  What surprised me the most was the dough that was reballed became more airy and the doughnuts were higher when fried.  I don’t really understand what happened, but when I was opening the dough for the second time, it didn’t want to stretch very well, so that might be why it became higher.

The finished doughnuts was either glazed, sprinkled with sugar or cinnamon and sugar.  I decorated one that was glazed to remind me of the problems I had in this thread with all the snow and coldness.  I don’t really like when it gets hot, but I will take it over all that snow and coldness.  The best thing about summer for me is I really like to work outside.  I like to play in the dirt almost as much as I like making dough.  I guess there is something about the smell of dirt and the smell of dough that I really like.

There was one other thing I wanted to experiment with this dough.  I covered the dough on the parchment paper with wax paper to see if it would keep the dough moist.  It did.

Norma















No comments:

Post a Comment