Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Guy Fieri's Deep-Fried Pizza Dough

For awhile I have been looking at this recipe from Guy Fieri to make deep-fried pizza.  I thought the deep-fried pizza would be interesting to try and I also thought the recipe was interesting, because it call for a high amount of ADY, sea salt, AP flour, sugar, and a high amount of olive oil.  It said in the recipe the dough should ready to be used in a little over an hour. First I rehydrated the ADY in warm water and then I mixed the dough by hand and the only thing I change from the recipe was I mixed the olive oil in last.  The dough was put into the oven with the light on for an hour, then punched down and left to rest for 10 minutes, then rolled out.  This dough reminded me of the other dough I tried for the
Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13104.0.html  The dough today also was quite elastic when rolling it out.

The dressing were the same as Guy Fieri used except I used mostly Polly-O whole milk mozzarella with some mild white cheddar.  After making these deep-fried pizza, I think other dressings could be used inside other than what is listed in the recipe.

Guy Fieri says in the video that he likes Fair Food, just like I do, because I have fair blood in me too, from all the years my husband and I had stands at fairs and festivals.

If anyone is interested in the recipe it is at.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/crispy-deep-fried-pizza-recipe/index.html

The video is to make Guy Fieri’s deep-fried pizza is at.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c17geK-9dsI

This deep-fried pizza turned out very well and was easy to make. The crust was nice and crispy.  I did let a couple of skins thicker to see what would happen and they also turned out good. I think children would really like the Guy Fieri deep-fried pizza.  This was an easy recipe to make and the end results were good. It says in the recipe the dough can be frozen. A new quick way to make pizza for me.  Delicious fried fair is good in my opinion.  I also made fried Oreo’s and Twinkies at one point in my life.

Norma














No comments:

Post a Comment