Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another Beautiful Day to Work Outside and Garden 6/02/2011

It had really been usually hot in our area for over the past week.  Usually this time of year is spring in our area where I live, but sometimes this time of the year can be hot.  Today it was so beautiful outside and there was a nice breeze blowing.  I thought this will be a really nice change from the last week.  It was time to mow and week wack again and time to also work in my small gardens.  I also managed to get the rest of my back deck sanded.  I had started last week sanding my back deck steps, the railing and edges of my deck and had painted them on this past Sunday.  Now to just get the rest of the back deck painted.  Maybe that will happen in the next few days.

The perennials, tomatoes, herbs and other plants, are growing so fast from all the rain we had in prior weeks and then from all the heat.  I really like this time of year if it isn’t too hot outside.  Just to watch the plants grow is a joy.  My one friend told me instead of buying mulch to just use my grass clippings to put around my plants so the weeds don’t grow as much.  I started doing that today, so I will see how that works, in controlling the weeds.  That is the friend that gave me Alpaca poo for my garden.  Soon I will have some tomatoes from my garden to enjoy on pizzas and also to eat with other foods.

I also had to do a few errands today and took a couple pictures of what an Amish farm looks like in our area. There are many Amish and Mennonite farms in our area.  Amish and Mennonite farmers do take care of their plants and farm houses very carefully.  Amish people still amaze me, because they go without electricity and mostly farm the old fashioned way.  I have lived in this area all my life, but still appreciate Amish people and the way they do gardening, farming and generally the way they live their lives.

Tonight New York Strip Steaks and baked potatoes with fresh spring onions grill on the BBQ grill.  Yummy!

Another great day!

Norma













No comments:

Post a Comment