Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Amish Farm and Gardening Today.. 7/16/2011

I went to the Amish farm this morning to pick up some cantaloupe, fresh onions, white corn on the cob, peaches, and a few other vegetables.  I just wanted to post a few pictures of what Amish farms in our area look like at this time of the year.  Most of the Amish do farm the old-fashioned way and different Amish farms do grow different crops.  When I stopped at the Amish farm, the farmer was in the field with his horses, plowing between the rows.  The corn is growing taller at this time of the year. There are soybeans planted right next to the cut hay.  The field corn is grown for livestock and other things.  We also have the greatest sweet corn that is white.  I really enjoy this time of the year and eating sweet corn.  Our peaches aren't free-stone yet, but soon will be.  I also took a picture of the hay that was just cut.  The smaller corn is sweet corn.  Field corn does grow much higher, but sweet corn grows much smaller.  The Amish farmer also has tobacco planted.

I did gardening most of the rest of the day, pulling weeds and generally anything outside that needed finished.  It was really a nice day in our area without much humidity and it wasn't really hot.  Those are my favorite kind of days.  More flowers are blooming, and my tomatoes and eggplants are also growing.  I found one hornworm on my one tomato plant today, but when I went inside to get a paper towel to take it off the underside of the tomato leaf, I couldn't find it when I went back outside.  That darn tomato hornworm will have to go..lol   It does have the parasitic wasps larvae on it.  I had those darn tomato hornworms last year, but I guess I will get rid of them, just like I did last year.

I made some meat balls and used the last of Les's sauce I had frozen from last year, from the tomatoes I grew.  I don't know if I am going to add spaghetti to the meat balls with the sauce or not.  I am a little late eating again, but that is okay.

All in all, another great day! :)

Norma















No comments:

Post a Comment