Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pizza Prep Fridge had higher than normal temps in overnight fermentation!-Gluten Matrix Softened, Almost overferemented!

What is another day without some problems.  My pizza prep refrigerator always keeps my dough really cold, but for some reason, which I still don’t know, the pizza prep refrigerator was at 50 degrees F, when I arrived at market yesterday.  The temperature control knob is way in back of where I store the dough balls and is hard to turn, so I don’t have any idea if that knob could have been move or not.  I sure didn’t move it.  I removed the dough balls and trays of dough and fiddled with the knob.  In about an hour the temperature of the pizza prep fridge was back to normal, but I was concerned how my dough balls were going to perform during the day, because they usually do expand some during the course of a day.  It was hot at market yesterday, so I knew I couldn’t let my dough balls warm-up too long, but with the problems of the dough already fermented a lot, it had me wondering what would happen.  The dough was very sticky when taking it out of the plastic bags, but when floured, the dough balls opened up easily.  I had to break big bubbles on almost every dough ball before I opened them.  I only took one pictures of the second pie that came out of the oven, but other pizzas made yesterday did get browner on the rim.  The pictures I wanted to post are what the dough balls looked like in the morning when I arrived at market, how a dough ball looked later in the day, and two pictures of what the inside of the dough balls looked like when the bubble was popped.  The gluten matrix can be seen on the pictures of the popped bubbles

Norma





No comments:

Post a Comment