Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking mix with Peter’s “goody bag” 5/14/2011

I mixed another Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking mix with Peter’s “goody bag” and now can understand what I might have done wrong, when I mixed the mix before.  I did now weigh out all the ingredients and after I weighed them also took the final weight of all the ingredients combined, before I added the total weight of water. The total weight of the “goody bag” contents was 401 grams. I now think I didn’t measure the Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking mix right before.  This time it looked like more of the Bisquick Original Pancake mix was in the container.  I think that is where I went wrong before. When I weighed the water, it looked about the same as it did at market.

I used hot tap water today, but I don’t think my home tap water is as hot as it is at market.  My final dough temperature was 84.5 degrees F.  The total weight of the mix and water was 589 grams.  I think some dough stuck to my fingers and also the rubber spatula and rubber scraper I used to mix the dough.

Now the dough does look almost like when I had used the Bisquick Buttermilk biscuit mix or the Bisquick cheese-garlic biscuit mix. The Sukie dough doesn’t look sticky like it did at market.

BTW, I did purchase another bag of the Bisquick Buttermilk mix to try at market sometime again with the “goody bag” Peter had set-forth.

I am not sure how long I am going to let this dough ferment, before reballing, because my ambient room temperature at home is 70 degrees F.  That is lower than my market temperatures have been so far.  I do want to use this dough in the same time frame as before, but am not sure about the way to go about this, to get the best results.

The Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix pizza with the “goody bag” added, was made a little less than 4 ½ hrs. after it was mixed.  I wasn’t sure how long to let the dough ball ferment after I had balled it.  The dough ball was easy to open, but almost too easy, because it stretched to more than 16" in a very short time. When I measured the skin on the peel, I thought now there is going to be problems, because it skin was more than 16" and my pizza stone is only 16".  I don’t have a pizza screen bigger than 16".  There was no snap back in the skin.  Where ever I placed the skin it stayed the same size or wanted to get bigger. I still proceeded to dress the pie.  It was dressed with my regular tomato sauce, a blend of 4 cheeses, (John Martin’s mozzarella, Provolone,  Boar’s Head (Queso Blanco), and Buffalo Wing Cheddar cheese. Dietz and Watson Pepperoni was also placed on as a dressing, also.  I knew when I went to slide the pie off the peel (18"), the pie wasn’t going to fit my pizza stone and as can be seen it did droop on two sides.

My oven light must have burned out between the last time I baked in the oven and today, but since the oven was too hot, I couldn’t change the oven light.  This pie baked differently than all the other pies on this thread.  It didn’t get a lot of oven spring.

After the pie was baked, the crust and rim seemed bready, but in a different way than I would think of a bready rim.  It was still light and easy to chew, but different.  The bottom crust looked finished to me, but it also was soft and not crisp, as was the rim also.


http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13686.msg139005.html#msg139005

Norma








No comments:

Post a Comment